How To Root Your LG Optimus 4X HD [Video]
I was the owner of a LG Optimus 4X HD for almost two months and I have say that it’s a very interesting and easy to use device, but I’m sure you all agree with me when I say that not everybody gets his hand dirty when it comes to rooting a smartphone device. This was the reason why I’ve changed it with another Android device, the one and only Samsung Galaxy S3.
Now thanks to a “XDA – developers forum” member, called qaz753, I want my phone back, because he managed to find a safe and stable way to root the LG Optimus 4X HD. At first, I thought that this was another fake tutorial on how to root it, but then I’ve done some researches and I found out that the feedback was 100% positive.
Now that the word is out, I’ve decided to share this precious information to you, so here it is the official tutorial on how to root your Optimus 4X HD.
- Make sure that your mobile battery life is higher than 30%. The rooting procedure will drain your battery very fast and it’s recommended to charge it properly.
- This tutorial works only on LG Optimus 4X HD, which means that using it for another model or device it’s on your own risk.
- It’s highly recommended to backup all your data before we get started, no to risk losing them in case something goes wrong. (One of the problems that can occur implies the power supply- my advice is to use a laptop and not a PC, if you are going to use this tutorial).
- Download the IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk from here.
- Download the HTC One X Rootkit. (I know that this tool it’s for HTC, but I can assure you that works 100%).
- Now you have to make sure that the LG USB Driver is installed on your PC. If not, you can grab it from here.
- After you’ve downloaded the “LG USB Drive.zip” file you have to extract it using WinRAR or WinZip and install it.
- Make sure the “USB Debugging” is enabled. (Settings>Developer Options).
- Make sure the “Unknown Sources” is enabled. (Settings>Secutiry).
- Extract the HTC One X Rootkit you’ve downloaded earlier to “C:\onxr”.
- The next step is to copy the IS11LG file (step 1) directly on your LG Optimus 4X HD. You can use the well-known “Androzip File Manager” tool to direct your device to the “.apk” file and install it.
- Reboot your Optimus and connect it to your PC, once it’s on.(via a compatible USB cable).
- Open your Windows “Command prompt”. (Just type “cmd” in your Windows search bar and open the “cmd’ application by right-clicking on it and select the “Run as Administrator” option).
- Type the following commands:
-“cd C:\onxr” and then hit Enter;
-“Root” and press Enter once again.
- Now the rooting process will begin and your LG Optimus will reboot for about three times.
- Once the rooting process is complete, just go to “Google Play” store and download this application: “SuperSU”.
- After that open “SuperSU” and update the binaries.
- This is it, but if you want to make sure that your device is really rooted, just use download the “RootChecker” application.
If the text is too tricky, then I strongly advise you to follow this how to video made by our good friend from Androidauthority.Enjoy!