How To Install MIUAndroid ROM On Your Samsung Galaxy S3 I535 (Verizon)
If it happens to be a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 owner, I’m sure you will find this tutorial as the gift you’ve ever wanted. Why is that? Well, thanks to a famous member of the XDA Developers Forum, known as “Dingus”, who used his magic to do that annoying bootloader unlocking of the SCH-I535 model. The funny thing is the fact that this Android lover managed to fix the locked bootloader issue by creating an application called “VZW GS3 EZ-Unlock (Bootloader)”. So, thanks again Dingus for your brilliant mind.
Since this application went public, the Android developers started to work on various custom ROMs especially for your Verizon S3.
Even though there are some interesting ROMs available for your Verizon model, I have to admit that there is just one custom ROM that got my full attention. I’m talking about the controversial “MIUIAndroid” ROM – based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. All this was possible due to the courtesy of another member of the XDA community, called “Bleelas”.
Why is “MIUIAndroid” so different than the other firmware? Despite the fact that MIUI is known as one of the most stable unofficial ROMs available for Samsung Galaxy S3 it is also famous for its unique applications like: music, contacts, home launcher and so on. Another interesting thing about this ROM is the possibility to use that “Fan-made themes” that everybody talks about.
So, once the bootloader is unlocked you should definitely try the Android Jelly Bean sensation and some of MIUI new features on your beloved S3.
Now if you want to take advantage of this unique opportunity, I strongly advise you to follow this step-by-step instruction on how to install MIUIAndroid Jelly Bean ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.
Requirements and warnings
- Before you start to do anything else, make sure you really own the SCH-I535 model, because this tutorial is compatible only with those versions launched by Verizon. Go to “Settings” > “About phone”.
- Charge your S3 battery up to 75-80% and more important – backup all your personal files, because some of them can be lost during the installation process. Follow this simple guide, if you don’t know how to do it.
- You won’t be able to install any kind of custom ROM if your S3 device doesn’t fulfills these conditions: root access, unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMode Recovery tool installed. In case you need some help, you can follow these tutorials:
1.Check this guide on how to unlock the Verizon S3’s bootloader using an Android application.
2. Check this guide on how to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 device without the regular Odin tool.
3. Check this guide on how to download and install the ClockworkMod Recovery tool on your Verizon Galaxy S3.
- Install Samsung Kies so that you won’t have any problems with your USB drivers (make sure you turn the software off before the USB drivers are automatically installed).
- Download the “MIUIAndroid ROM” on your Windows PC Desktop, by pressing this link.
- Save the file you’ve just downloaded on your device’s SD card. (Make sure you don’t save the file inside any kind of folder or you save it on the external SD card).
- Turn your phone off and press and hold down the following buttons: “Volume Up” / “Home” and “Power” to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. Once you are into Recovery Mode you can use the “HOME” or “Power” button for selection and the “Volume UP / Down” keys for navigation.
- It’s highly recommended to do a NANDroid backup of your actual ROM. Go to “Backup and Restore” and select the “Backup” option.
- Select the “Wipe data / factory reset” option and press the “Power” key.
- Select “Wipe cache partition” and confirm the action.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab and select the “Wipe Dalvik cache” option.
- Go to the main menu and select this option: “Install ZIP from SD card”.
- Now you have to select the “Choose ZIP from SD card” option and direct you phone to the “MIUIAndroid ROM” zip file. Select the file and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the installation process is complete, go to “Go back” and select the “Reboot system now” option.
- When your Samsung Galaxy S3 turns on you should be able to experience the MIUIAndroid sensation.
In case you encounter any difficulties during this procedure, I strongly advise you to use the comment box below and one of our specialists will be glad to answer your questions.