How To Unlock HTC EVO 4G LTE Bootloader
If you own a HTC EVO 4G LTE smartphone, and you want to unlock its bootloader for various reasons, then you can follow the guide below. It’s very easy to unlock the bootloader, however, you should be aware that this is a very risky operation, and that you should follow the steps in correct order.
First of all, backup your device using one of the options found here. It’s a great guide from DeviceSeeker, and it will help you preserve your files! Also disconnect your smartphone from any computer, and make sure that the battery is at least 85% full.
How to unlock HTC EVO 4G LTE bootloader:
1. Download HTC Sync here. Don’t need to worry if it says HTC One X, just download the file.
2. Download Fastboot files here.
3. Install HTC Sync on your Windows computer.
4. Extract the Fastboot files on your desktop and create a new folder called fastboot. It’s easier to find the folder this way.
5. Go to the HTC Developer website here, and create a new account.
6. Verify your account using an email sent to you by HTC, and go to the UnlockBootloader page here.
7. Select the following: All Other Supported Models in the menu, and after that look for the Begin Unlock Bootloader page (you cannot miss it as it’s right in front of you.
8. When the warning shows up, select Yes to accept the terms.
9. After you accept yet another set of Terms and Conditions, click Proceed To Unlock Instructions.
10. The instructions will be displayed on the screen, and they are very easy to follow as you have to Turn Off your smartphone, then Press and Hold the following buttons: Volume Down and Power, wait for the smartphone to enter the bootloader mode, then you will have to select Fastboot, and after that, you simply have to connect your device to your Windows PC.
11. Now will have to enter the 2nd HTCDev page, and select Proceed To Step 5.
12. IMPORTANT! After you followed the above step, you will need to follow this guide, not what the HTCDev website tells you to do. Open the fastboot folder on your Windows PC that you’ve just created.
13. In the fastboot folder, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard, and then press the Right Click. In the menu, you should see something like Open Command Windows Here. When you see it, click it in order to open a command window.
14. In the command window, type fastboot devices. Your device will be detected, and you will be able to proceed to the next step.
15. After that, you will have to go to the 3rd HTCDev page, and click Proceed To Step 8.
16. Follow the steps on the HTCDev website. Now you will have to do exactly what the HTCDev websites tells you to do. Click Submit after all steps have been followed.
17. If you did everything right, then you will see a message on the next page which says Token Submitted Successfully!
18. Also, you will receive an email from HTCDev where you will find an attached file called Unlock_code.bin.
19. Download the file to the fastboot folder on your desktop.
20. After that, you will notice several instructions in the email sent to you by HTCDev. Follow the instructions carefully.
21. Now, you will have to type another command in the command window you’ve opened earlier. Type: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin and press enter.
22. A so-called Unlock Bootloader Request will show up on your HTC EVO 4G LTE, and you will have to navigate using the Volume buttons, and select Yes. Hit the Power button to confirm your selection.
23. After that, the process will be completed, the smartphone will reboot.
Great, now you have a HTC EVO 4G LTE with an unlocked bootloader!