Install ClockworkMod Recovery On LG Optimus Black P970
If you own a LG Optimus Black smartphone, then you might want to install ClockworkMod Recovery on it. This procedure will allow you to backup and restore your device, wipe data, wipe the cache, and perform a factory rest of your device, install ZIP files from your microSD card, and even partition your microSD card.
ClockworkMod Recovery if best known for allowing users to install custom ROMs on their devices so if you want to install the AOKP ROM which is based on Android 4.1.1 on the LG Optimus Black P970, then you can learn how to do it by following this guide. Please note that first you need to root your smartphone using this guide, then install ClockworkMod Recovery, and after that move on to the AOKP ROM installation.
Now that we’ve got everything cleared, you will need to do one more thing before beginning. We strongly advise you to backup the data on your LG Optimus Black just in case something goes wrong. This can be easily done, and you can learn more about it at this link. Now, just follow the steps below and everything will be all right.
How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery On LG Optimus Black P970
1. Download LG mobile drivers on your PC from here.
2. Install the LG mobile drivers required for your device on your computer.
3. Download ClockworkMod Recovery on your computer from here.
4. Extract the ClockworkMod Recovery file in a folder on your computer.
5. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development. Here, you should enable USB Debugging by checking the box next to the option.
6. Connect your LG Optimus Black to your computer.
7. In the CWM Recovery folder, open the file called install_recovery.bat.
8. Wait for the procedure to be over, and that is all.
Your LG Optimus Black P970 now has ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it which means that you can flash any custom ROM on it.