Install CyanogenMod 10 Official Nightly ROM On Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S3 from Sprint, then you should install the CyanogenMod 10 Official Nightly ROM on it. This custom ROM is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, and I have to say that it works pretty well, while most users have given it a positive feedback.
Please note that the guide is only intended for the Sprint version which has a model number of SPH-L710. You can check out your device’s model number by going to Settings -> About phone.
Like always, you need to back-up your smartphone’s data because it will be lost in the process. It’s very easy to back it up as you just have to follow this simple guide.
In addition, you have to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 L710 by following this guide. Another requirement that you must meet is the installation of ClockworkMod Recovery on your handset. This can be done with ease with the help of this simple guide.
The preparations are now complete therefore you can move on to flashing CyanogenMod 10 on your Sprint Galaxy S3 so follow the steps below carefully.
How To Install CyanogenMod 10 Official Nightly ROM On Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710
1. Download CyanogenMod 10 from here on your computer. You need to download the latest build.
2. Download the Google Apps .ZIP file on your PC at this link.
3. Turn off your Sprint Galaxy S3.
4. Boot device into ClockworkMod Recovery mode. This can be done like this: press and hold down these buttons: Volume Up + Home + Power until the display turns on, and you see the Recovery menu.
5. Navigate to Backup and Restore, and select this option. In the next menu, select Backup, and confirm this process in order to create a full backup of your ROM.
6. Navigate back to the main menu, and then to Wipe Data / Factory Reset, and select this option. Now, you need to confirm this process.
7. Navigate back to the main menu, and then to Wipe Cache Partition, and select this option. Confirm this procedure as well, and move on to the following step.
8. Go back to the main recovery menu, and go to Advanced. Select Advanced, and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache. This step needs to be confirmed, and when it’s done, move to the next step.
9. Go back to the main menu. Here, navigate to Install zip from sd card. Select this option, and on the next screen, select Choose zip from sd card. Here, you need to browse for the CyanogenMod 10 Official Nightly .ZIP file that you copied on the microSD card. Confirm the installation, wait for it to be over, and get to the next step.
10. The above step will have to be repeated: Install zip from sd card -> Choose zip from sd card. This time, you have to look for the Google Apps .ZIP file, select it, and confirm the installation. When it’s done, go back to the main recovery menu.
11. Navigate to Reboot System Now, and select it. Your device will now reboot.
That is all. CyanogenMod 10 Official Nightly is now installed on your Sprint Galaxy S3. You should know that the first boot will take several minutes to complete, but booting will resume normally the second time.