How To Root Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T And Install ClockworkMod Recovery On It
If you own an Asus Transformer Pad Infinity, then you should know that you can root it, and even install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on it. You should perform these actions if you want to install a custom Android ROM on this tablet in order to get extra features faster than Asus would actually release them.
The Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T is one of the most powerful Android tablets available for purchase, and many tech journalists have recommended to buy this beauty. It cannot compete in terms of popularity with the Google Nexus 7 or Amazon Kindle Fire, but this tablet is a powerhorse and it’s packing a lot more features than the aforementioned duo.
Anyway, before starting the process, you should probably back-up the data on your tablet, and here you can find the perfect guide on how to do it.
You should know that you cannot install CWM Recovery on the tablet if you do not root it first, and that this guide is intended only for the TF700T model number. This procedure will not work for any other device so do not attempt it if you don’t have this tablet. Go to Settings -> About device to find out what model number do you own.
How To Root Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T
1. Go to Asus’ support page here.
2. Download the Unlock Device App from above link.
3. Use the on-screen instructions on how to root the tablet.
4. Root the tablet, and get to the steps below in order to install ClockworkMod Recovery on this device.
How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery On Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T
1. Download the Android SDK on your computer from here.
2. Install the Android SDK on your computer.
3. Download the ClockworkMod Recovery file on your computer from here.
4. Download Fastboot on your PC from here.
5. Extract the Fastboot.zip file in a folder on your computer.
6. Copy the ClockworkMod Recovery file in the Fastboot folder.
7. Switch off your Transformer Pad Infinity.
8. Turn on your tablet by pressing and holding down the following buttons: Power + Volume Down. Keep pressing them until the following command shows up on the display: “Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)”.
9. DO NOT PRESS THE BUTTON YET! Wait 5 (five) seconds, and a new pop-up menu will show up on the display. Here, you need to press the Volume Down button in order to get to USB, and then press Volume Up. You have to do this in under 10 seconds, otherwise it will not work.
10. Connect the tablet to your PC.
11. Open the Fastboot folder on your computer.
12. In the Fastboot folder, you need to press the following buttons: CTRL + SHIFT + Right-Click (in the white space within the folder). In the menu, select Open command window here.
13. In the command window, type this command, and then press Enter: fastboot devices
If the serial number of your Transformer Pad Infinity shows up in the command display, then you have done everything right so far. If it doesn’t, then repeat the procedure from Step 7.
14. In the same command window, type this command, and then press Enter: fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery-jb.img
15. Wait for the procedure to be over. It might take a few minutes. After it’s done, type this command, and press Enter: fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
Your Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T will now reboot, and ClockworkMod Recovery has been installed on it. You can enter CWM Recovery mode with ease by pressing and holding down these buttons: Power + Volume Down. Keep pressing until this message shows up: Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s). You have 5 (five) seconds to press the Volume Up button to enter CWM Recovery mode.