Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 And Install ClockworkMod Recovery On It Using A Simple Toolkit
Samsung has just released the Galaxy Note 2, but this doesn’t mean that the developers didn’t have enough time to root the device, and to even provide a way to flash ClockworkMod Recovery on it. What’s more, you won’t have to do it manually as it’s all available in the Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit.
This toolkit will allow users to root their “phablet” by pressing just a few buttons. Well, you still need to be very careful as you never know what could go wrong. First of all you’re going to need to verify whether you own a Galaxy Note 2 by going to Settings -> About device and check whether it’s listed as model number N7100.
Now that you’ve checked this fact, it’s time to back-up the data on your device using our guide which can be found here. One more thing that you need to do is to uninstall the Samsung Kies software. If you have it on your computer, then it might interfere with the Toolkit so it’s best that you uninstall it until all the steps have been completed. Also, disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 from your PC, and follow the steps below!
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 And Install ClockworkMod Recovery On It Using A Simple Toolkit
1. Download the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit V1.0.0 on your computer from here.
2. Run the Note 2 Toolkit on your computer.
3. Select the first option that will install the required USB drivers for your phablet. (You can select an option by pressing the number next to it – e.g. for the first option press 1)
4. Once the drivers have been installed, you need to navigate to Settings -> Developer Options on your smartphone. Here, you need to enable USB Debugging. Check the box next to the option.
5. Close the Toolkit on your PC.
6. Now, connect the Note 2 to your computer.
7. Launch the Note 2 Toolkit on your PC.
8. Now, it will ask you whether you want to check for any updates. Hit “no” if you don’t want to check for Toolkit updates or “yes” if you want to check for updates.
9. Now, you will be asked what’s you software build version. You can check it by going to Settings -> About device. Once you know the exact build version, press the number which corresponds to your build version, and then press Enter.
10. The Toolkit now knows the correct settings for your device, and you will be automatically taken to its main menu.
11. Press “2″ in order to select the second option which is called Rooting Options, and then press Enter.
12. Here, you have a number of options to choose from. It would be advisable to choose the third or “c” option which is called ALLINONE. This option will root your device, flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery, flash Insecure Boot Image, and then install Busybox. If you only want to root your device and to install CWM Touch Recovery on it, then select the fourth option or “d”, and then press Enter.
13. There will be some simple steps to follow from now on, and in a matter of minutes, your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 will be rooted, and it will have to ClockworkMod Touch Recovery installed on it which means that you will be able to install unapproved apps as well as custom Android ROMs.
We hope that this step-by-step guide has been helpful to you, but let us know if we can improve it in any way.