How To Install Android 4.1.1 Baked Black Bean ROM On Samsung Galaxy Nexus
This is not the first time we’ve covered the Baked Black Bean ROM on our website, and it’s certainly not the first, nor the last time we’ll be talking about the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Well, like you anticipated, today we’re covering both subjects in the same story as the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean-powered Baked Black Bean ROM is now available for the International GSM version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
The Baked Black Bean ROM combines the best features of the AOKP and CyanogenMod features like widgets, lockscreen shortcuts / calendar / weather, and many other improvements including a custom-designed MMS application. The Google and system apps have been inverted, and you will certainly like all the blacks in this amazing ROM.
Like always, you will need to enable USB debugging under the Settings -> Developer Options panel. In addition, you will need to root, and then install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and in order to do so, follow the steps provided here. It’s also recommended that you backup the data on your smartphone so you can restore them after the procedure is over. Use the steps provided here for that.
How To Install Android 4.1.1 Baked Black Bean ROM On Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250
1. Download the Baked Black Bean ROM .zip file from here.
2. Download the Baked Google Apps .zip file from this link.
3. Copy both of the above downloaded files on your microSD card.
4. Switch off your smartphone.
5. Boot the handset into ClockworkMod Recovery mode. Press and hold down the following buttons: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power. When the display turns on, you can let go of the buttons.
6. Go to Backup and Restore, and select this option. On the next screen, pick Backup, and confirm the process. This will backup your entire ROM in case something bad happens along the way.
7. Go back to the main menu.
8. Navigate to Wipe Data / Factory Reset, and select this option. Confirm the procedure, and make your way back to the main recovery menu.
9. Go to Install zip from SD card, and pick this option. On the next screen, pick Choose zip from sd card, and browse for the Baked Black Bean ROM .zip file that you downloaded during Step 1.
10. Confirm the installation, and wait a few minutes until it’s done in order to return to the main menu.
11. You will have to pick Install zip from sd card once again.
12. Now, you will also have to select Choose zip from sd card, but this time browse for the Baked Google Apps .zip file that you downloaded during Step 2.
13. Confirm the procedure, and wait for it to be over.
14. Go back to the main menu.
15. Navigate to Reboot System Now, and select this option in order to restart your handset.
The first boot will take up to ten minutes, after which you will be able to enjoy all the goodies of this custom ROM. All reboots will resume normally after that. Let us know if this guide has been helpful to you.