How To Root And Flash ClockworkMod Recovery On Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G/4G GT-P7500
You will not be able to feel the full power of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G/4G GT-P7500 until the moment you will root it. From that point on, you will be able to bypass most of the limitation that the producer and different phone carriers are applying on every Android device by default, and then enjoying a full customized ROM with tons of features that will enhance your experience with the tablet.
Once you have disabled the factory restrictions, you will be able to customize your tablet, making it faster or even installing a full new operating system. In order to to this you need however the knowledge and the tools required for such things; do not attempt to such process on your own, without having some trustable guides like the ones provided by our specialists.
When we are talking about the Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P7500, the main advantages of rooting it are the posibility of strenghtening and using the powerfull hardware it comes with, at its maximum capability, and furthermore, by rooting the tablet you will be able to install the IceCream Sandwitch customized ROM even before Samsung gets to send out the updates to the world.
This is a step-by-step tutorial that will guide you on rooting both the 3G and the 4G versions of the Galaxy Tab GT-P7500 tablet. Make sure you follow the exact guide written here, in order to achieve the proper results when rooting, and most importantly, to avoid any damage your phone might get on the way to its unlocking. Also, remember that once you will root your tablet, the waranty will be voided.
Giving the fact that a rooting procedure is so risky, I strongly recommend you to follow the next Android backup guide before you begin. Some of your personal data may be deleted during the flashing process and you won’t be able to retrieve them. This is why a full backup is required and besides that it’s better safe than sorry.
Another thing that should be checked is the debugging option. So, go to “Settings” > “Developer options” and make sure the “USB Debugging” option is enabled. Now you are good to go. See you on the other side!
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 3G
- Start out by downloading the rooting file from here and save it on your computer’s desktop.
- Next up, copy the file from your desktop to your tablet’s microSD card, using a compatible USB cable.
- Turn off the tablet.
- Now you will have to reboot your tablet into recovery mode. Follow these steps:
- Hold down the “Power” button and the “Volume Down” button at the same time.
- When two icons appear on the screen, release the pressed buttons.
- Navigate through icons by pressing the “Volume Down” button.
- Highlight the item on the left.
- Use the “Volume Up” button to select it and then it will boot into recovery mode.
- Select the “Install zip from SD Card” option and activate it.
- Once inside the recovery menu, select “Choose zip from SD card” and then select the “root.zip” file you downloaded.
- You will be asked to confirm the selection of the file. Do it.
- Reboot your tablet and the flashing is done. The next steps will help you install the ClockWorkMod Recovery.
- In order to install ClockWorkMod Recovery, you have to install the ROM Manager app first.
- Run the ROM Mananger application from your tablet.
- Select the “Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery” option from inside the application.
- Once the automatic processes of downloading and installing the ClockWorkMod Recovery are done, reboot your tablet. You can reboot it either by using the ROM Manager’s option or manually.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 4G
- Begin by downloading the kernel file (kernel.zip) from here and save it on your desktop.
- Next, download the file containing the recovery update (recovery.zip) from here.
- Connect the tablet to your computer via USB cable and copy both downloaded files to tablet’s root directory.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy tablet.
- Reboot into recovery mode (repeat the 4th step from above).
- Once inside the recovery menu, select the “Install zip from SD Card” option. Next, select the option called “Choose zip from SD Card” and choose the “kernel.zip” file you transfered from your computer. Finally, confirm the flashing process. Now repeat the processes using the “recovery.zip” file.
- Navigate back to the recovery menu and reboot the tablet by selecting “Reboot system now“.
Awesome!!! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G/4G GT-P7500 is now rooted, which means that you can start flashing your favorite custom ROMs. Enjoy!