Flash the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXELLC on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
The XXELLC Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now ready for the mighty Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. The wait is over and it’s available to a quite large number of regions including Spain, United Kingdom, Austria, Germany, Belgium, France, Hungary and Italy. In this tutorial, you will get the official XXELLC Android 4.1.2 with all the features that it’s supposed to come with, including Paper Artist, Page Buddy and Group Cast.
Why should you wait for the OTA update, when you can simply flash the official version manually and you can still enjoy all its new features and customization possibilities . The next procedure is very safe and it has quite a good feedback among the Android community. Some users reported that it’s the most stable update they ever tried on their S3 devices and they’ve noticed some real improvements out there.
Start off with reading the warnings and requirements from below and if you think this tutorial will work with your particular Samsung Galaxy S3, then I think is time to get to work.
Warnings and requirements
- These instructions may only be used on the Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number GT-I9300 or else, your device may suffer some undesired outcomes.
- I suggest you to install Samsung Kies, because this tool will automatically install all USB drivers for your S3 device. Make sure you turn it off once the installation process is complete, otherwise it may interfere during the flashing process and this won’t be so pleasant.
- At this point, you have to enable the “USB debugging” on your device. “Settings” >”Developer options” > “USB debugging“.
- Disable any antivirus, firewall or whatever software on your PC that may affect the flashing process.
- There is a high chance that some of your personal data, stored on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, to be affected during the flashing process so you should perform a proper backup before you begin with the installation process.
- Also, please read all the instructions from below and make sure you understand what you have to do on each step, because you don’t want to be locked on a certain step. If you have problems understanding something, just use the comment box below and one of our specialists will give you a prompt reply, or you can always “Google it“.
- The last thing you require is the battery level of your Samsung Galaxy S3 to be at least 70%, so that you don’t worry that your device will shut down during the flashing process of the XXELLC Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Download the I9300XXELLC firmware from this official source.
- Extract the ZIP file you have just downloaded and then run the Odin software which is found along the extracted files.
- You will need your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to be off, so go ahead and turn it off so you could go ahead with performing the next step.
- Now go on and boot it into “Download Mode” by holding at the same time the “Volume Down” > “Power” and “Home” buttons and when the screen turns on, just press the “Volume Up” button and right now your Galaxy I9300 should be in Download Mode; if not, you might have done something wrong during the process and you should repeat this step.
- You should now connect your Galaxy S3 to the PC via an USB cable and if Odin recognizes your device, go on to next step.
- You have to select the “PDA” option in Odin and then look for the “.tar.md5” file which you have extracted from the ZIP file at step 2 and also make sure that the re-partition option is not checked.
- Now click “Start” and Odin should start flashing the official XXELLC Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to your Galaxy S3 device. It may take a while, so try to be patient because your device is in good hands.
- When you see the “PASSED” message in Odin, the whole process should be completed now and there is only one step left.
- When you see the Samsung logo on your screen, you can unplug your Samsung Galaxy S3 and after that, you are finally over with this tutorial.
Awesome!!! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 should be now running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with software build XXELLC, so just try to enjoy the real customization power of an Android smartphone.